Sunday, December 24, 2006

Thinking about money!

I'm posting some thoughts on this blog, after a long period of silence! Just now I happened to read an article on the Hindu news paper on "thinking about money! Incidentally I was thinking about the effect of money on people. It's an interesting study carried out at the University of Minnesota on measuring the effect of thinking about money on one's behaviour! Yes, of course, money may not be the root of all evil but the love of it does seem to make some people more cantankerous, unsociable, aggressive and selfish and I'm personally experiencing the mental torture that this type of people often inflict upon helpless individuals! Personally I believe that a serious counselling is essential for this kind of people.






I've learnedthe value of money at a very younger age itself and how it can affect/change one's life by having /not having! I consider money as not something to be gained or amassed by any and every means. It is to be enjoyed - and certainly a necessity. The fruit of one's labour, it brings peace of mind and is sweet only when it is made by the sweat of one's honest hard work. I have no inherited wealth, nor have any friends or well wishers been magnanimous enough to bestow on me a few millions.



Jonathan Swift's words are more appropriate here - that "a wise man should have money in his head, but not in his heart!"


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

AddThis Social Bookmark Button AddThis Feed Button