Thursday, May 03, 2007

Know Yourself

A few days ago when I was visiting the Jaya Supermarket in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia, I noticed some people sitting and holding their hands over their heads. I was wondering what was going on! Was it a Reiki session? Or Was it a spiritual gathering? Because of my curiosity, I went and stood near the small crowd to find out what was going on. Then I saw a banner hanging there with the inscription ‘Sahaja Yoga’! One of the volunteers came to me and asked me to join the group and claimed they can change my life in five (5) minutes! I was thinking, all these years I couldn't change my life and now somebody is telling me that he can change my life in 5 minutes??

My life is surrounded by self inflicted bondages and sufferings thereupon. Nowadays the concept of family has changed. When the family has more members, it has become a group of cliques with each having their own agenda and sorrows of their ego-centric existence. Swami Chinmayanada put this as attachment for one’s fellow being a healthy sentiment provided it does not degenerate into emotionalism beyond one’s control.

I have deviated from the previous subject of Sahaja Yoga. Coming back to sahaja yoga; it is about how to achieve balance between many aspects of our life through self knowledge-to understand about us and others (I know how difficult it is!). Sahaja yoga practitioner claimed that through sahaja yoga methods one can awaken the innate power of residual energy within our body (Kundalini). By correcting the seven (7) energy centers (chakaras) one can establish balance between psychological, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual self. I have experienced the essence of yoga and meditation when I used to go for it at Sivananda Yoga Vedanta center in Trivandrum, Kerala. It really helped me release stress and worries and refreshed my mind. Nowadays I’m not following that (the usual excuses: no time, no mood, etc…)

Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi founded Sahaja Yoga and she was the recipient of the United Nations Peace prize in 1989.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

AddThis Social Bookmark Button AddThis Feed Button