Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Know-How or Know-Who

I came to Malaysia four years ago and thought it would not be that difficult to obtain a job here. But to my surprise, it was not as easy as I thought! I used to sent many applications to companies here by post and email. But I only finished by the skin of my teeth. Just sitting around and waiting made me antsy. Eventually, I realized that my resume is just another one in the pile and recommendation is an important factor in just obtaining a job interview! Who you know matters more than what you know in job hunting! However when it comes to doing your work, I believe that your competency, diligence and the relevant skills come in and those without a doubt is ultimately where you are measured on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

AddThis Social Bookmark Button AddThis Feed Button